Monday, February 15, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to Cook & Book, a culinary blog from two perspectives.

My name is Elena. I will be writing the "cook" side of this blog. I will start with a swordfish recipe I made last night.

Ingredients:
-Three swordfish steaks (fresh, decedent)
-Butter (about 2 tablespoons)
-Olive oil
-Sweetened coconut flakes
-Toasted bread crumbs
-Lemon juice
-Pepper
-Salt

*Marinate the swordfish in a mixture of butter (melted), salt, pepper and lemon juice (I used the juice of 3 lemons) for at least 3 hours. I did this in a plastic Ziplock bag.
*Preheat oven to 450 degree
*Add a little olive oil to the marinade mixture and make sure fish is evenly coated.
*Mix together coconut and bread crumbs. The proportion is up to you. I used about half and half.
*Put each piece of fish in breadcrumb and coconut mixture until evenly coated. Place in oiled glass baking dish. If the mixture isn't sticking very well, press the mixture onto the fish. Some of it is bound to fall off but you want enough coating to keep that coconut flavor.
*Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake fish for twenty minutes for every inch of thickness. If it does not seem to be done when this time is up, flip and cook until the thickest part of the fish is done.

Serve!

This dish was born from a dish my neighbor Lisa served last spring. It was incredible and I wanted the recipe (and I think she gave it to me, but I couldn't find it when I wanted to make it) but she has been very sick and I didn't want to bother her so I did some research about swordfish online and made this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment