Friday, July 30, 2010

Beijing and Tokyo

Concord doesn't have a good track record when it comes to Chinese Restaurants. However, there is one that stands head and shoulders above the rest i've experienced from my travels so far, and that's Beijing and Tokyo on South Main.

Saying it's Chinese though isn't 100 percent accurate, they also have a Sushi bar, so it's really one of those Asian fusion places, and they also have a bar downstairs as well.

Still, whatever you call this place, it was a quality experience for the money. I figured I would put them to the General Tso's test, and they passed it easily, the croquettes were small enough that dark meat would have been fine, but they still gave white meat, and complimentary miso soup. 

The Oshinko roll was also fairly good, although the ornamentation with spicy mayonaise, as you can see, gave the course an added touch that isn't common at sushi bars elsewhere in the area.
Parking is at a premium, but so is everything else in downtown Concord, so that's not a huge issue.

I am reluctant to say that this was the best Chinese food or sushi i've ever had, but I will say that I was very pleased with what I got, and say that when it comes to Concord, I doubt there's anything better.


Price: $11.45

Meal: General Tso's Meal with Oshinko Roll

Speed of Service: 10 minutes

Time of Meal: 12:30 PM, Weekday






No comments:

Post a Comment