Friday, July 30, 2010

Penang and Tokyo

To my knowledge, Downtown Exeter has two Chinese restaurants, but only one of them gives you a view of the Squamscott River while you eat, and that's Penang and Tokyo.

I would rate the meal as above average, but the view and the paintings of colonial buildings found elsewhere in town on the walls were what made this meal particuarly enjoyable.

Even though I ordered sushi rather than ordering off their Chinese menu, I probably would have been alright if I had went down that route if what I got was as good as their sushi offerings.

The service was only so-so, but that was in part because of a miscommunication between the maitre'd and the waitress, so I can't be too harsh on them, they apologized profusely, and everything else associated with this meal more than made up for that problem.

Price: $13.30
Meal: House Vegetable Roll, Oshinko Roll, and Chicken Finger Roll
Time of Meal: 11:30 AM, Weekend
Speed of Service: 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment