Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Shotcakes -- Red Velvet/Vanilla "Shotcake"

Out of the corner of my eye at the burlington mall I saw a place called "shotcakes"d and figured I needed to check it out if only for the name.

While you'd expect a pastry themed firing range or a hard liquor themed strip club with a name like that, it turned out to be a place that sold cupcakes with a "shot" of ice cream.

While I am not sure this is some revolutionary concept, it certainly was worth a try. Would I try it again? Probably not.

Don't get me wrong, the icecake (cupcream?) Was all well and good, but it did not blow me away, and the positives were outweighed by the negatives of this ultimately peculiar place, primarily out of confusion towards things like the poor line design, whetheter or not the tay of cupcakes in display cases up front can be transformed into shotcakes, which is not clearly evident by the menu, and the lingering thought that I could probably get the same experience by going to the supermarket and buying ice cream and cupcakes and just eating them simultaneously at home.

Then again for the uninitiated, I suppose its worth a "shot".

Meal - Red Velvet Vanilla "Shotcake"
Price - $3.63 
Speed of Service - 5 minutes
Time of Meal - 7 PM, Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment