Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tilt'n Diner -- Buffalo Chicken

For tourists heading up to the Lakes Region, particularly for the Tilton Outlet Malls (I don't get why it's an attraction, but that's another story), the Tilt'n Diner is a long established tradition, but if we're judging only by this visit, it won't be a tradition for me.

I ordered the Buffalo Chicken plate, and was incredibly underwhelmed. The meat was stringy, the sauce was fairly bland, the waitress was indifferent and the price for what I got was astronomical.

As I got the check, it hit me: people come here because it looks like a place where they can buy T-Shirts to comemorate their trip to Central New Hampshire. But I didn't want to buy a T-Shirt, I wanted to buy lunch.
There is a Thai restaurant kind of behind the diner, kind of kiddy corner between it and a Dunkin Donuts. Maybe i'll try that next time i'm up this way.
Meal: Buffalo Chicken and Soda
Price: $15.06
Speed of Service: 15 Minutes
Time of Meal: 4 PM, Weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment