Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Feng's Asian and Sushi -- L08 Lunch Special

Sushi isn't as exotic as it once was around these parts. There was a time not too long ago if your restaurant had sushi, even simple, Americanized sushi like California Rolls, that was chic. Now though, it's fairly common, even for MSG riddled mom and pop places.

So yeah, I should have given Feng's Asian and Sushi the benefit of the doubt because they seem to specialize mainly in Chinese, and it seems to be a little dumpy, even if Sushi still held the same panache. But I didn't. They made a point that they had Sushi, so instead of ratcheting down the difficulty and ordering Chicken Fingers like most mom and pop places, I went for the General Tso's special, and let me tell you, Feng's has failed that test miserably.

You can see the picture above, the Crab Rangoons are very thin, almost looking like runny cheese, but they were the best part of the meal. The croquettes were strung together parts of inedible dark meat, the rice grains were hard, the sauce was salty and watery, I don't think there was anything redeeming about this meal, I threw it out after only a few bites.

The people there were nice, but nice is only a bonus. You slap extra credit onto an F, and it's what, an F+? That's the best way to describe my experience here. I can't be too angry, because I expected more than I should have, but they asked for it.


Price - $7.07
Meal - L08 Lunch Special (General Tso's, Fried Rice w/Crab Rangoon)
Speed of Service - 10 minutes
Time of Meal - 11:30, Weekday

No comments:

Post a Comment