Friday, April 9, 2010

Union Street Grill


I was over in Milford the other day and figured i'd get an early lunch at Poppa Joe's Humble Kitchen, considering I had written a story on them a few weeks earlier.



But, even though the sign on the door said they open at 11 AM, the grill is not on until noon. So, instead of an early lunch I figured on taking a late breakfast, and when it comes to breakfast in Milford, the Union Street Grill just off the Oval is what came first to my mind.


Nothing too fancy here, but the place was packed when I stepped in there, and for good reason. Two pieces of toast, scrambled eggs, home fries and a cup of coffee for around five bucks. Solid taste, reasonable price, no complaints here.


Even better than the food, the server gave full change when I asked for it rather than deducting the price of the meal from the change and giving me the remainder. It was pleasing to have a waitress that apparently did believe that I indeed could count both the amount of money needed to pay the meal as well as give a 20% tip.


The closest thing to an Achilles Heel was the parking space, or the lack thereof, but it wasn't an issue for me that day, and it shouldn't be if you're willing to walk a few hundred feet. The Oval has parking issues by New Hampshire standards, which only means that it's still far better than the rest of the country.

Time of Day: 11:15 AM/Weekend

Speed of Service: 5 Minutes (Sit Down)

Price: $5.65

Meal: 2 Scrambled Eggs, Toast, Home Fries and Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment