Monday, April 12, 2010

Frank's Place



Frank's Place is less of a restaurant than it is a Butcher Shop and mini-grocery store with a part time delicatessen attached.

Pictured to the right is their Eggplant Parm sub, which is only available from 11 AM to 3 PM (the rest of the time their grill is shut down), and I have to say it was sad to hear that given that I, and alot of other Merrimack High grads from the 1990s and later made Frank's a frequent hot spot.

Like many of my reviews, I cannot say the Eggplant Parm is either good or bad, it just is, and is a decent choice if you are in the area during that lunch window and are looking for an Eggplant Parm, but it's nothing to write home about. The real draw to this place is the marinated steak tips, which you have to cook yourself, so maybe Elena would be better at writing on that than me.

It's only unfortunate that those halcyon days of my youth are now only limited to such a small time frame due to our current economy. Then again, maybe this was always the case and I just didn't notice the time on the clock when I ate there since I don't recall the grill ever being closed while the place was open, but time is a funny thing like that I suppose.

Time of Day: 11:15 AM/Weekday

Speed of Service: 5 Minutes (Deli Counter Service)

Price: $5.75

Meal: Eggplant Parm Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment