Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fuzzie's Deli and Ice Cream

Fuzzie's Deli and Ice Cream has gone through so many names over the years that I wasn't able to find their current name online after I left there last night. If you've ever driven down Nashua Street, you've probably seen the red house they're in now, it's just past the library heading east.

Their offerings have changed as well into a melange of ice cream, deli fare and seafood. Not all in one dish mind you, although maybe one day they could try offering that as a gimmick.

I was only looking for a snack, so I ordered the crab roll and a cup of "cake batter" flavored Ice Cream.
The crab roll wasn't bad. Served on a toasted buttered roll with plenty of celery, I can't say whether the crab was freshly caught given Milford's geography makes it likely that the only crabs you could catch in this town would be the ones you shouldn't speak about in a family friendly blog like this, but I cannot complain about the taste.

The $6.95 price might have been a little steep given the size (pictured below, it's in a hot dog roll), but prices are generally higher for seafood, so I guess that needs to be taken into account.

The ice cream was a better deal for a regular sized bowl at $3.25. The "cake dough" flavor was a mix between your standard cookie dough and hot fudge, and the regular was probably about 4 to 6 ounces. Not too shabby.


I'd go here again, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. Fortunately, you do not have to go far out of your way if you are in Milford to see this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment