Sunday, April 18, 2010

Whippersnappers

Venturing out to Londonderry for the first time in my Cook and Book career to what was once an old haunt.

I can't remember the first time I went to Whippersnappers, a bar and grill a few hundred feet away from the Derry line in Londonderry at a plaza off Exit 3 of I-93.

What I do remember though it was at night with a few friends and I ordered the Nitro Nuggets, pictured to the right.

This trip was on a weekend day rather than a night, but the Nitro Nuggets were still good.

The waitress wondered if I wanted to order something else, and there were plenty of good offerings on the menu, so I may head back the next time i'm out that way, but the Nitro Nuggets hit the spot for their price, although I do wish the portion was slightly larger.

The main problem with Whippersnappers isn't the food, it's that it is meant to be visited at night, that's when it's basically a club with a restaurant menu. At Noon on a weekend, it's fairly dank. If you don't mind that, then you're good to go, but if ambiance is important, wait until happy hour or head somewhere else.

Meal: Nitro Nuggets

Price: $7.99

Speed of Service: 20 minutes

Time of Day: Weekend, 12 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment