Wednesday, June 23, 2010

China Express in Pepperell -- Chicken Fingers and Beef Terriyaki

Basically the only reason I went to China Express was because I needed some geographic diversity. It's becoming difficult to find places I have not reviewed within my regular area, so I wanted to stretch things out and try a new place that was fairly close when I got the chance.

So, let's get the one good thing about this place out of the way -- they had a little portico with oriental stucco inside their tiny place which added some charm.

That was it. Now for the rest.

This place definitely looked worn down, so I lowered my expectations. They still weren't low enough. I don't know how anyone's expectations can be low enough for this place -- the unsanity obscenities scrawled over the notice in the bathroom exhorting employees to wash their hands should have been a dead giveaway to that.

What you see above was my meal: Chicken Fingers and Beef Teriyaki with Fried Rice. The Fingers were mostly dough, which seemed to be for the fact that the chicken itself was fairly stale. The Beef Teriyaki was rubberry and flavorless, again the meat was probably not exactly fresh there either. But what took the cake was the Fried Rice.

Let's forget the fact that it was a thousand degrees and burnt my tongue, the chef left egg shells in it. When I felt that on my teeth and saw it in there, I demanded my money back. I think they knew if they didn't give it, I would have reported them to the health inspector and probably would have had enough evidence to shut them down.

Meal: Chicken Fingers and Beef Terriyaki Special
Price: $8.45
Speed of Service: 10 minutes
Time of Meal: 12:30 PM, Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment