Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Red Arrow Milford -- Buffalo Tenders

Well, when everything else is closed, you're left with little option I suppose. The other day I was at the Oval and Milford and wanted to review someplace new, but the two places next to where I parked apparently did not want to follow the hours on their door. That left a old tried and true open 24 hours a day alternative.

The Red Arrow in Milford was my first review at this blog, but I doubted that review would by my last of this restaurant. They may still technically be a chain, but they're a Southern New Hampshire institution as well, and one of the finest purveyors of comfort food anywhere to boot.

So, since they're masters of comfort food, I figured i'd order the Buffalo Chicken, since it is rapidly becoming my favorite dish it seems. I had originally wanted to order the Buffalo Chicken for my first review, but they were all out of Chicken that day. On this day they were out of that recipe and trying a new one.

The new Buffalo Chicken is kind of a glaze, it's fairly unique among the Buffalo Chicken I have eaten, and it is not half bad. The problem lied in the price. With a soda (Moxie in this case), the price was far too high for what you got.

And I don't really know what to make of the service. I know it wasn't the waitresses fault, but they really need three people to cover tables and the counter at lunch time. She was overstretched and stretched to the limit of what an acceptable time to wait between ordering and eating. Maybe the wait time differs elsewhere, but I'm going by local standards here.

Days like the one I was at on this review are a good reason why multiple reviews are a good idea: sometimes you catch a peak at the bad side of a good establishment, and this was certainly one of those times.

Meal: Buffalo Tenders with Moxie
Price: $13.34
Speed of Service: 25 minutes
Time of Visit: 12:45, Weekday

No comments:

Post a Comment