Thursday, December 23, 2010

Amigo's -- Alamo Burrito


Amigo's Mexican, a little place just off the Oval in Milford, New Hampshire, isn't too shabby when it comes what you'll find for Tex/Mex cuisine in the area. However, I wouldn't say it's perfect by any means.

On my visit, I ordered an Alamo Burrito, which has "Chalupa" beef (braised with some kind of marinade I couldn't place) along with barbeque sauce, carmelized onions and a few other things that made a nice melange of flavors and textures. 

An assortment of hot sauces, seasoned french fries and refried beans made for a filling and enjoyable meal. In addition the service was also good, and the decor was cosy: there was definitely a comfortable feeling to what felt like was once an old converted first floor of a house or an older business that was once here.

The problem was the price. I would have expected more for what I got at the price I paid. Maybe without the drink it would be in the ballpark, so I can't complain too much though.

All in all, Amigo's found an amigo in me, but they shouldn't rest on their laurels, there is still room for improvement.



Meal: Alamo Burrito with Drink
Time of Meal: 12:00 PM weekend
Speed of Service: 10 minutes
Price: $15.04


No comments:

Post a Comment