Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wings Your Way -- Special Reserve

Wings Your Way on Elm Street in Manchester is actually a chain, but it's small enough of a chain (only two locations, I believe) that it maintains its genuine atmosphere, which in this case is that of a frat house or in the case of what I ordered: one of those TV eating competitions.

Then again, I knew what I was getting into beforehand, so it's not a complaint but a warning: if you like hot boneless Buffalo Wings, you'll probably be happy with Wings Your Way's Special Reserve.


The heat is a slow heat, an aftertaste, and it lingers and multiplies after each piece of chicken, with the Ranch/Blue Cheese giving enough for your taste buds to steel you forward for more.

It was an experience for me, but just to be warned, I like spicy stuff. Afterwards, your stomach is filled, but your tongue is filled afterwards as well with a feeling of satiety, that the preset taste perceptions you had before have now been enhanced, at least for an hour or so after you eat.

I want to head back to try some of their other flavors, they hit it out of the ballpark with just the Special Reserve, and the waitresses were happy to give me a frequent diner card, that might have just done it for me. Parking's a problem, but it's downtown Manchester, so that is to be expected.

Meal: Special Reserve Chicken
Price: $ 13.99 without tax
Speed of Service: 10 minutes
Time of Meal: 1 PM, Weekday

No comments:

Post a Comment