Thursday, December 23, 2010

Triple 888 -- Goi Ga


Nestled inside a little, ugly strip mall on Route One in Peabody lies an outstanding, if non-descript, Vietnamese place called Triple 888.

I was there during the lunch rush and it was about half filled, and after my order I think the only reason why it was not packed was because the owners do not do a better job at marketing this place.

My order was a variation on Goi Ga (basically a kind of Vietnamese Cole Slaw salad with strips of chicken) with shrimp, and I think it would have appealed to pretty much any pallette. It wasn't bland, it had a little bit of a kick, but it wasn't overwhelming either. And the shrimp and chicken were very good, one shortfall with authentic oriental restaurants is that they prefer dark meat chicken and keeping the scales on the shrimp, which I have to admit isn't my cup of tea.

The service was very courteous, and the meal was served at a good clip, if there's any problem with this meal it was the price, but I think it was just about on target, maybe $9.50-$10.00 with tax and tip would have been  the perfect price in my opinion.

No doubt if you're speeding by, you'll more than likely miss this place, but if you can keep an eye out for it, you'll have a good lunch if my experience was any indication.

Meal: Goi Tom Thit Ga
Time of Meal: Noon, Weekday
Speed of Service: 10 minutes
Price:$11.60

No comments:

Post a Comment