Thursday, December 23, 2010

Chapanga's -- Teriyaki Burger


I had seen a menu flyer for this place a month or two ago, so when I was driving by I figured I would give it a shot.

That shot has been taken and I can't say that it hit the bullseye, I but I think it got at at least part of the target.
My order on this visit was a terriyaki burger with fries and a sprite. The terriyaki marinade was not particularly evident but the onions and peppers were well done and I can't complain that the meal wasn't satisfying or that the service was bad.

The problem was in the price, if this meal was $8.00 I would highly recommend it, but at what I spent, I felt as though I should have gotten much more.

That price shift may be what's needed to get these guys more customers, although it was a weekday, I also came in during the lunch rush and the place was nearly deserted. Then again, that also may have been due to its location nearby several other restaurants and slightly away from the center of town. The floor plan of this place looks as though it was once a Denny's or something, but it seemed the way it was decorated inside that they were going for a slightly, if not completely, higher price ranged customer.

I might try them for breakfast sometime, and I can't say they're bad, but I can't say they're a fantastic choice either.

Meal: Teriyaki Burger with Drink
Speed of Service: 5 minutes
Time of Meal:  Noon, Weekday
Price: $15.25




No comments:

Post a Comment