Thursday, December 23, 2010

China Eatery -- D7 Combination



Before I ate here, I had never been in downtown Wakefield, Massachusetts before, so I had alot of hopes pinned on this little hole in the wall Chinese joint. Fortunately for me, they didn't disappoint. 

They had just undergone some kind of change in management recently, apparently there was a name change or a different menu, as I overheard some of the regulars talk about it with the cashier as I ate. And the fact that they were concerned that they were losing what they thought had been a pretty good Chinese place speaks fairly well for what I found on this day.

This isn't at the gourmet weight class by any means, but rather it's a greasy spoon type Chinese meal, and the portions and food quality were beyond what I had expected walking in. I think the weakest part of the meal I ate, which was a combination of Kung Pao Chicken, Beef Terriyaki and Fried Rice, was the sauce with the Kung Pao. It was a little watery and flavorless, but it didn't detract overall from the meal. The meat was above average, the vegetables that came with the Kung Pao was above average, the rice was slightly above average, and the portions left enough for leftovers. 

From my experience here, it's hard to find any real fault with China Eatery, and i'd recommend it for someone who's looking for a quick lunch in downtown Wakefield.


Meal: D7 Combination Plate with Drink
Time of Meal: 3:30 PM, Weekday
Speed of Service: 10 Minutes
Price of Meal: $9.90

No comments:

Post a Comment