Sunday, May 23, 2010

El Tapatio

Any Mexican restaurant that has Spanish language tv on at the bar is probably authentic, and I was pleased by this early sign as I walked toward my table at El Tapatio in South Merrimack.


This place is relatively new, and the waiter let me know from one of his half a dozen trips to my table. I probably would have been annoyed with his eagerness if not for the fact that I knew he wants me to come back and its better to have too much attention rather than too little.
I ended up ordering the flautas, which while not stupendous, were hearty and satisfying. I wanted to order the Chilaquiles Mexicanos, a fried nacho dish that was a few dollars cheaper, but that was not available at the time I was there.

In total, if El Tapatio was a person, I would say that it is an up and coming artist with a chip on its shoulder and something to prove. The next few months will decide whether that proof will materialize or not: my meal was good, but not good enough to make this an essential stop on any local culinary circuits.
 
Meal: Flautas
Price: $10.83
Speed of Service: 5 minutes
Time of Meal: 12:00 PM, Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment