Monday, May 24, 2010

Thon Khao -- Crispy Thai Noodles

It was difficult for me not to head to Thon Khao and order the Larb, so difficult that the owner asked me why I didn't order it. Nevertheless, I figured it was worth trying something else on their menu and I was not disappointed with their Crunchy Pad Thai.

It was basically a marriage between Mee Krob and Pad Thai, with crunchy thin noodles coated in a very sweet sugary sauce mixed with chicken, scallions and peanuts. A simple, yet elegant marriage of two dishes that turned out fairly well.

However, I can't say this dish was nearly as appetizing as the Larb -- it was just too sweet. Still, I can't give high enough praise for the food here despite the fact that this particular didn't live up to the very high expectations I had from other earlier dishes there.

Meal: Crispy Pad Thai
Price: $8.65
Speed of Service: 15 minutes
Time of Day: 1 PM, Weekday

No comments:

Post a Comment