Sunday, May 16, 2010

Spa Restaurant


The other day I was 15 minutes from the Canadian border in Stewartstown, so I figured: why not get the most French-Canadian meal of them all?

For those of you unaware of what that might be, it's poutine: mixing French Fries with cheese curds and gravy to make a multi-cultural artery clogging delicacy.

At the Spa Restaurant, which seems to be Stewartstown's only eatery, they added buffalo popcorn chicken to the Poutine as well, although I didn't really taste the buffalo sauce.

No matter, I am probably lucky to have escaped eating this little monster without a heart attack in any case, so the lack of "Buffalo" in the chicken was academic.

It was a little small for a meal, but the price was appropriate given the amount of food provided and it filled me up right.

The locals seemed to like this place, and now so do I. If you're ever on Route 3 heading towards Canada in the northern reaches of New Hampshire, check out the Spa Restaurant. I enjoyed it.

Meal: Buffalo Popcorn Chicken Poutine

Price: $5.95

Speed of Service: 15 minutes

Time of Day: 12 PM, weekday

No comments:

Post a Comment