Sunday, May 16, 2010

Salt Hill


The Salt Hill pub is straight at the heart of downtown Lebanon, New Hampshire, and since I was in downtown Lebanon (pronounced Leb-an-inn for you flatlanders out there) the other day, I figured I would try the place out.

And what do you know, they had a sandwich called "The Mayor of Lebanon", which I assume is named after the current mayor, Karen Liot Hill, who I am a big fan of, so I figured I would try it out.

I was not disappointed. The Mayor of Lebanon sandwich has ham, apple, swiss cheese and honey-dijon dressing, and they all compliment each other. And look at the size of those onion rings they give you. They're the size of your hand, surprised they didn't bring tongs to hold them with they were so huge.

The only issue was a small one with the waitress, she included an assumed tip onto the bill, which is not cool in the US, although I hear they do it over in Europe, and since this was an Irish themed pub, maybe they were just trying to get into the spirit.

A hearty recommendation for this great sandwich. If you're in the Upper Valley, make sure to try it out!

Meal: The Mayor of Lebanon with Onion Rings
Price: $7.49

Speed Of Service: 10 minutes (sit down)

Time of Day: 11:30 AM, Weekday



No comments:

Post a Comment