Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Henry's Market


The other day I was in New Castle, New Hampshire, and I figured I would go to what I believe is the only restaurant in New Hampshire's smallest municipality: Henry's Market.

Ok, it doubles as a deli and a micro-grocer, but calling it a restaurant is close enough for what you'll get on this little island community in the mouth of the Piscataqua River.

The meal I got, pictured to the left, was the Italiano: a sandwich with fairly upscale Italian ingredients (mozzarella, proscuitto, etc.).
It was good, but pricey for what I paid for it. You could get alot more on the mainland, but I think part of the price came from the ambiance: Henry's has a touristy, laidback seacoast feel to it. Parking's tough, and tables are limited, but New Castle's off the beaten path somewhat despite its location near the shore, so I had no problems there.
Meal: Italiano Sandwich
 
Price: $8.15
 
Speed of Service: 5 minutes (over the counter)
 
Time of Day: 3 PM, Weekday

No comments:

Post a Comment