Sunday, May 30, 2010

Val's Pizza

Buffalo Chicken is a fantastic dish to review: it is almost always tasty, but it comes in varying levels of quality depending how it is prepared. At the current time, I don't have an editor telling me to try certain things, so the food I want to write about is going to be things I think are a fairly good bet, and that was what was on my mind at Val's Pizza in Hollis.
Don't get me wrong, there were probably a few other choices that could have worked here, but I went with what I knew here, and I wasn't particularly disapponted. Then again, I wasn't thrilled either.

As you can see here, they're not big on presentation at Val's. What you see is what you get. Also, like with Weathervane the other day, I had a sneaking fear that what I got here was just repackaged supermarket chicken. In this case though, repackaging was probably more likely. Val's is not a fancy place, it's just a local pizzaria, one of only handful of restaurants in Hollis, especially its downtown area.

Then again, I can't say this was a bad experience either. The staff was nice, they let me bring in my own drink, the food came fairly quickly, and it decent. However, it was not anything to write home about.

Meal: Buffalo Chicken
Price: $7.80
Speed of Service: 5 minutes.
Time of Day: 12:30 PM Weekday

No comments:

Post a Comment